Thursday, August 18, 2011

I've arrived and I've survived!

Finally managed to get online and access to my blog. It'll probably be a few weeks before I get internet access in my flat though.
I arrive on Saturday afternoon after a smooth(ish) flight from Heathrow. I ended up sitting with three other teachers from the school that I had previously met in London and happen to be in the same apartmetn block too.
On our first evening the four of us went to explore our surrounding and went for a walk and sample some of the street food. We weren't entirely sure what we were asking for, but fortunately we all ended up with some yummy and familar looking for for the grand price of  30 Baht (about 60p).
The apartmetn block I am staying at is amazing, although it does feel as though I'm living in a hotel, so I'm trying to make it feel a bit more homely! 
Having a complete nightmare with customs at the moment and they are holding all the things I sent out. Yesterday I needed to complete an inventory of every single item in the 3 (rather large) boxes and how much each is worth. Hopefully I may have my things early next week, but I think it is going to cost me more to retrieve the items than their actual worth!

Rob, one of the teachers I flew out with and is in the same apartment, is slightly obsessed with taking photos. As I am quite rubbish at remembering to take any I have borrowed his memory stick and am going to attempt to upload some on here!


The view from the riverboat...


At Wat Po.... 


1 comment:

  1. I've only just seen this posting! I didn't receive notification. I did ask the technology option bods to tell me. Ah well. I've seen it now! Great (stolen) photos, Pips. Twas great seeing you on skype. The kids think it was some kind of harry potter-based magic! Sort out penny with skype invites etc and then I can talk to you when I'm round them. My laptop is way too knackerd for such things.

    I need to go to bed now. Chat soon please, Pipsqueak.

    Lots of love
    Cxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete