Sunday, July 24, 2011

Really should start to pack

School has finished. It hasn't really sunk in that I'm not going back next term, although it was good not having to plan or prepare for next term. It was so sad and difficult to say goodbye to everyone so I did so very quickly and then left before I blubbered!

Now my focus needs to be to sort and pack, which is so so dull. Watching Andrew Marr (well James Landale) and writing my blog in a pathetic attempt to put it off. I do need to mow the lawn today too...

Mortgage update: they are waivering the 6 month rule and were meant to be sending me an application form on Tuesday to apply for consent to let. As of Saturday it hadn't arrived and they promise I should get it Monday or Tuesday. When I reminded them of the rush; i.e. I'm leaving the country, they suggested I faxed it. Where does one find a fax machine???

Still sticking with Torchwood, although I'm going to miss the end anyway!

4 comments:

  1. Great news about the mortgage getting sorted. I'm sure that form will fall through your letterbox on monday morning....

    As for fax machines - I didn't even know they still existed! Although you might find one in a local post office or library or maybe a stationary shop if you need to use one?

    Thanks for all the bits and bobs mum brought round for me. I had no idea that there were so many boxsets of the West Wing! Mum's looking after them for the time being, until we've moved... I'm going to sort through those spices now.

    Now, stop procrastinating and get on with your packing...

    Cxxxx

    p.s. despite being a tolerant, die-hard torchwooder, I have to say that the last episode was shit and cheesily cringeworthy. Sad times. I'm going to revisit my boxset of the first series to redress the good-bad balance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I purposely didn't tell you there were 7 seasons of WW as I needed to declutter and I knew Mum would take them back!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the additional stoneware in my collection now though. I'm going to bake bread this weekend!

    p.s. anyone here want a Pampered Chef cooking show? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you've got the forms now! If you need to, is it possible to scan them in and then e-mail them for them to print at the other end. Much the same as a fax! Alternatively I think some of those 'late night' newsagents still have things like faxes, though I suspect them will charge over the odds for it!

    Not sure about the new series of TW yet. I'm hoping that now they are in the States things will pick up and the two episodes thus far have been poor due to the need to get them over there. My concern is that well all know that RTD is often too 'wordy' as it were when it comes to things like that. We only need to look at some of his Who finales to know that he struggles with length!

    ReplyDelete